Welcome to SecurityForumz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

Ad-Aware SE

 
Goto page 1, 2
   Security Forums (Home) -> Lavasoft Ad-Aware RSS
Next:  realone video  
Author Message
medico

External


Since: Feb 03, 2008
Posts: 1



(Msg. 1) Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:29 pm
Post subject: Ad-Aware SE
Archived from groups: alt>comp>anti-virus (more info?)

Hi Group

I have been using Ad-Aware SE personal for some time now.
Lately I find that updates are no longer available, at start up it informs
me that my definations are 35 days out of date and to update now.
Yet when I try to update it fails.

Can anyone advise as to the problem solution.

David.

 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Heather

External


Since: Nov 11, 2006
Posts: 122



(Msg. 2) Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:29 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"medico" wrote in message

> Hi Group
>
> I have been using Ad-Aware SE personal for some time now.
> Lately I find that updates are no longer available, at start up it
> informs me that my definations are 35 days out of date and to update
> now.
> Yet when I try to update it fails.
>
> Can anyone advise as to the problem solution.
>
Yes, they dumped it. In favour of a piece of bloatware called Adaware
2007, I believe. It is supposed to be their latest and greatest. HAH!!

There are updates for the old one, but I don't have the link
unfortunately. I will stick with Spybot I guess......particularly
because it also checks Firefox, which AdAware SE didn't do.

Cheers.....Heather

 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Jeff Gaines

External


Since: Jan 08, 2008
Posts: 5



(Msg. 3) Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:50 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On 03/02/2008 in message medico wrote:

>I have been using Ad-Aware SE personal for some time now.

It's no longer supported, odd they didn't use the news area of the update
function to advise us all.
There is a free version of Ad Aware 2007 available.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
David H. Lipman

External


Since: Jul 04, 2003
Posts: 1745



(Msg. 4) Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:56 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

From: "Heather"


| Yes, they dumped it. In favour of a piece of bloatware called Adaware
| 2007, I believe. It is supposed to be their latest and greatest. HAH!!
|
| There are updates for the old one, but I don't have the link
| unfortunately. I will stick with Spybot I guess......particularly
| because it also checks Firefox, which AdAware SE didn't do.
|
| Cheers.....Heather
|

Hi Heather:

Here is the URL...
http://download.lavasoft.com/public/defs.zip

See my post "Ad-Aware SE and automating signature file downloads"
Posted in; alt.privacy.spyware
Posted on; 1/28/08

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Heather

External


Since: Nov 11, 2006
Posts: 122



(Msg. 5) Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:56 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"David H. Lipman" wrote in message

> From: "Heather"
>
>
> | Yes, they dumped it. In favour of a piece of bloatware called
> Adaware
> | 2007, I believe. It is supposed to be their latest and greatest.
> HAH!!
> |
> | There are updates for the old one, but I don't have the link
> | unfortunately. I will stick with Spybot I guess......particularly
> | because it also checks Firefox, which AdAware SE didn't do.
> |
> | Cheers.....Heather
> |
>
> Hi Heather:
>
> Here is the URL...
> http://download.lavasoft.com/public/defs.zip
>
> See my post "Ad-Aware SE and automating signature file downloads"
> Posted in; alt.privacy.spyware
> Posted on; 1/28/08

Hi Puss......thanks for that. Been busy with other things, including
trying to get steals/deals on eBay, grin. Making jewellery is my main
passion right now. Watching 3 pieces of amber at the moment, but not
staying up till 3 am to get them.

I did see that post of yours, but it is beyond me. I no longer download
anything on that group due to the retards who are polluting it. And if
I am being PI, tough!!

XX Figgs
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Sunny

External


Since: Feb 03, 2008
Posts: 5



(Msg. 6) Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:22 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"medico" wrote in message

> Hi Group
>
> I have been using Ad-Aware SE personal for some time now.
> Lately I find that updates are no longer available, at start up it
> informs me that my definations are 35 days out of date and to update
> now.
> Yet when I try to update it fails.
>
> Can anyone advise as to the problem solution.

Ad-Aware manual updating :
http://download.lavasoft.com/public/defs.zip

Unzip the contents of the file to the Ad-Aware SE installation directory,
which usually is "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE".

If still having problems updating, go to
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE and delete the files
"defs.ref" and "defs.ref.old"
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
David H. Lipman

External


Since: Jul 04, 2003
Posts: 1745



(Msg. 7) Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:38 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

From: "Heather"



|
| Hi Puss......thanks for that. Been busy with other things, including
| trying to get steals/deals on eBay, grin. Making jewellery is my main
| passion right now. Watching 3 pieces of amber at the moment, but not
| staying up till 3 am to get them.
|
| I did see that post of yours, but it is beyond me. I no longer download
| anything on that group due to the retards who are polluting it. And if
| I am being PI, tough!!
|
| XX Figgs
|

You know I could use a new hippy type small-bead necklace maybe with a small crystal or an
arrowhead...

Smile

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Heather

External


Since: Nov 11, 2006
Posts: 122



(Msg. 8) Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:38 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"David H. Lipman" wrote in message

> From: "Heather"
>
>
>
> |
> | Hi Puss......thanks for that. Been busy with other things,
> including
> | trying to get steals/deals on eBay, grin. Making jewellery is my
> main
> | passion right now. Watching 3 pieces of amber at the moment, but
> not
> | staying up till 3 am to get them.
> |
> | I did see that post of yours, but it is beyond me. I no longer
> download
> | anything on that group due to the retards who are polluting it. And
> if
> | I am being PI, tough!!
> |
> | XX Figgs
> |
>
> You know I could use a new hippy type small-bead necklace maybe with a
> small crystal or an
> arrowhead...
>
> Smile

Damn.....never thought about the hippy dippy type for males. Actually I
have a small hematite one with a small anchor that Elayne brought me to
remake if I wanted to. I have so much inventory here that I get
confused as to what to work on next, lol.

I got a bunch of gems over in Portugal.....jade, pearls, agate and so
on. In a little Chinese shop in a fascinating old Arab market.

Cheers.....Heather
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
David H. Lipman

External


Since: Jul 04, 2003
Posts: 1745



(Msg. 9) Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:56 am
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

From: "Heather"


|
| Damn.....never thought about the hippy dippy type for males. Actually I
| have a small hematite one with a small anchor that Elayne brought me to
| remake if I wanted to. I have so much inventory here that I get
| confused as to what to work on next, lol.
|
| I got a bunch of gems over in Portugal.....jade, pearls, agate and so
| on. In a little Chinese shop in a fascinating old Arab market.
|
| Cheers.....Heather
|

I sent 'ya an email Figgs.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Joan Archer

External


Since: Jan 19, 2008
Posts: 2



(Msg. 10) Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:38 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

<lol> You see it pays to visit here every now and then <g>
Joan

"Heather" wrote in message

>
>
> Damn.....never thought about the hippy dippy type for males. Actually I
> have a small hematite one with a small anchor that Elayne brought me to
> remake if I wanted to. I have so much inventory here that I get confused
> as to what to work on next, lol.
>
> I got a bunch of gems over in Portugal.....jade, pearls, agate and so on.
> In a little Chinese shop in a fascinating old Arab market.
>
> Cheers.....Heather
>
>

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Heather

External


Since: Nov 11, 2006
Posts: 122



(Msg. 11) Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:28 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Surprised the heck out of me, Joanie. Maybe I will mention my new
passion more often. LOL.

Been on eBay buying up amber pendants and earrings. Love the stuff and
will incorporate it into my own. But I find it hard to part with, grin.
I have sold a fair amount considering I have not advertised it at all.
Must remember to get business cards made up cuz people keep asking for
them when they admire my stuff.

Hugs....Figgs (and I got Elayne hooked on it so she has a stash of
gemstones now, grin)

"Joan Archer" wrote in message

> <lol> You see it pays to visit here every now and then <g>
> Joan
>
> "Heather" wrote in message
>
>>
>>
>> Damn.....never thought about the hippy dippy type for males.
>> Actually I have a small hematite one with a small anchor that Elayne
>> brought me to remake if I wanted to. I have so much inventory here
>> that I get confused as to what to work on next, lol.
>>
>> I got a bunch of gems over in Portugal.....jade, pearls, agate and so
>> on. In a little Chinese shop in a fascinating old Arab market.
>>
>> Cheers.....Heather
>>
>>
>
> --
> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
paul

External


Since: Feb 04, 2008
Posts: 1



(Msg. 12) Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:41 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Feb 5, 4:28 am, "Heather" wrote:
> Surprised the heck out of me, Joanie. Maybe I will mention my new
> passion more often. LOL.
>
> Been on eBay buying up amber pendants and earrings. Love the stuff and
> will incorporate it into my own. But I find it hard to part with, grin.
> I have sold a fair amount considering I have not advertised it at all.
> Must remember to get business cards made up cuz people keep asking for
> them when they admire my stuff.
>
> Hugs....Figgs (and I got Elayne hooked on it so she has a stash of
> gemstones now, grin)
>
> "Joan Archer" wrote in message
>
>
>
> > <lol> You see it pays to visit here every now and then <g>
> > Joan
>
> > "Heather" wrote in message
> >
>
> >> Damn.....never thought about the hippy dippy type for males.
> >> Actually I have a small hematite one with a small anchor that Elayne
> >> brought me to remake if I wanted to. I have so much inventory here
> >> that I get confused as to what to work on next, lol.
>
> >> I got a bunch of gems over in Portugal.....jade, pearls, agate and so
> >> on. In a little Chinese shop in a fascinating old Arab market.
>
> >> Cheers.....Heather
>
> > --
> > Posted via a free Usenet account fromhttp://www.teranews.com

switch to the free for ever spybot and superantispyware
Run the anti spyware remove programs spybot
http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/03/spybot-search-and-d...roy-spy
and superantispyware
http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/04/superantispyware-ho...edition
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Charlie

External


Since: Feb 05, 2008
Posts: 2



(Msg. 13) Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:49 am
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

dGVzdA0KIm1lZGljbyIgPG1lZGljb0BzcGFtb2ZmLm5ldD4gd3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZSBuZXdz
OmZvNTg3MSR1a2YkMUByZWFkZXIwMS5uZXdzLmVzYXQubmV0Li4uDQo+IEhpIEdyb3VwDQo+IA0K
PiBJIGhhdmUgYmVlbiB1c2luZyBBZC1Bd2FyZSBTRSBwZXJzb25hbCBmb3Igc29tZSB0aW1lIG5v
dy4NCj4gTGF0ZWx5IEkgZmluZCB0aGF0IHVwZGF0ZXMgYXJlIG5vIGxvbmdlciBhdmFpbGFibGUs
IGF0IHN0YXJ0IHVwIGl0IGluZm9ybXMgDQo+IG1lIHRoYXQgbXkgZGVmaW5hdGlvbnMgYXJlIDM1
IGRheXMgb3V0IG9mIGRhdGUgYW5kIHRvIHVwZGF0ZSBub3cuDQo+IFlldCB3aGVuIEkgdHJ5IHRv
IHVwZGF0ZSBpdCBmYWlscy4NCj4gDQo+IENhbiBhbnlvbmUgYWR2aXNlIGFzIHRvIHRoZSBwcm9i
bGVtIHNvbHV0aW9uLg0KPiANCj4gRGF2aWQuIA0KPiANCj4=
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Buffalo

External


Since: Jul 19, 2007
Posts: 68



(Msg. 14) Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:41 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Heather wrote:
> It was right there in his
> link/signature....."securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com"
>
> However, I just checked it and it seems OK.....there are a gazillion
> useless spamming "blogspots" that one does get negative on them.
>
> HF
>
Sorry, I completely missed seeing that. Sad
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
David H. Lipman

External


Since: Jul 04, 2003
Posts: 1745



(Msg. 15) Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:37 pm
Post subject: Re: Ad-Aware SE [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

From: "Heather"


| It was right there in his
| link/signature....."securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com"
|
| However, I just checked it and it seems OK.....there are a gazillion
| useless spamming "blogspots" that one does get negative on them.
|
| HF
|

Unfortunately Figgs there are too may idiots spamming BlogSpots just to increase 'hits'!

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
 >> Stay informed about: Ad-Aware SE 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
   Security Forums (Home) -> Lavasoft Ad-Aware All times are: Pacific Time (US & Canada) (change)
Goto page 1, 2
Page 1 of 2

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]