Welcome to SecurityForumz.com!
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log in/Register/PasswordLog in/Register/Password

Avast and Spyware Blaster

 
   Security Forums (Home) -> General Discussions RSS
Related Topics:
Spyware Blaster 3 is out - Hi all. Just wanted to post that 3 is now out, and includes for Mozilla as well as IE (I'm not sure if the other one did, but I was under the it was just IE). Anyway, it's got a cool new user but let's..

Spyware Blaster Q - If i got it right it seems i have to start it everytime i start the comp in order for it to do it's there a way to make it loads up every time i turn on the pc?

Spyware Blaster Update 17/07/04 - Courtesy of me from the MS NG's ;) 3089 total items, 35 new. Update using the internal update feature. ~Silj -- siljaline

Spyware blaster query......... - How do you set it up to run upon start up ? With such a useful programme - Is there is risk getting spyware on your system if you forget to load it up manually ? Regards, Jim

IE6 loading slowly - Avast/Anti-Spyware or other cause - Every other time or so that I open my IE 6 browser access a website I've never been to, it loads v-e-r-r-y slowly. When I hit the f5 key to refresh, the page usually then loads quickly. I've done a defrag, ran several spyware programs
Next:  General Discussions: Uploading trojan to online scanner. Any risks?  
Author Message
Nel

External


Since: Apr 22, 2006
Posts: 12



(Msg. 1) Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:12 pm
Post subject: Avast and Spyware Blaster
Archived from groups: alt>comp>anti-virus (more info?)

Hi,
I have Avast on my PC, never had any problems. I have a pop up that tells
me my Avast has been up dated every day..does that mean I don't have to run
it, and if I do, How? (haven't had any virus with it)

Another question please....Do I need a Spyware running also? and I have
Spyware Blaster. Is that still a good program?
Thanks anyone much......Nel

 >> Stay informed about: Avast and Spyware Blaster 
Back to top
Login to vote
Kayman

External


Since: Feb 04, 2008
Posts: 23



(Msg. 2) Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Avast and Spyware Blaster [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:12:08 -0700, Nel wrote:

> Hi,
> I have Avast on my PC, never had any problems. I have a pop up that tells
> me my Avast has been up dated every day..does that mean I don't have to run
> it, and if I do, How? (haven't had any virus with it)

Updating is normal and desirable Smile You should do a manual scan every now
and then. Scan every other week or so. Open the application, follow the
prompts which will guide you to perform a scan.

> Another question please....Do I need a Spyware running also? and I have
> Spyware Blaster. Is that still a good program?
> Thanks anyone much......Nel

A-S applications - for non-viral malware.
The effectiveness of an individual A-S scanners can be wide-ranging and
oftentimes a collection of scanners is best. There isn't one software that
cleans and immunizes you against everything. That's why you need multiple
products to do the job i.e. overlap their coverage - one may catch what
another may miss, (grab'em all).

SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
and
Ad-Aware 2007 - Free
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html
and
Spybot Search & Destroy - Free
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
and
Windows Defender - Free (build-in in Vista)
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
WD monitors the start-registry and hooks registers/files to prevent spyware
and worms to install to the OS.
Interesting reading:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136195/article.html
"...Windows Defender did excel in behavior-based protection, which detects
changes to key areas of the system without having to know anything about
the actual threat."

SpywareBlaster is not a scanner application.
It prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser
hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
Blocks spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Restricts the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.
Keep it and keep it updated!

 >> Stay informed about: Avast and Spyware Blaster 
Back to top
Login to vote
Nel

External


Since: Apr 22, 2006
Posts: 12



(Msg. 3) Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Post subject: Re: Avast and Spyware Blaster [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Thanks so much Kayman.....Nel



"Kayman" <kaymanDeleteThis.RemoveThis@operamail.com> wrote in message
news:g5pl8e$oos$1@aioe.org...
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:12:08 -0700, Nel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have Avast on my PC, never had any problems. I have a pop up that
>> tells
>> me my Avast has been up dated every day..does that mean I don't have to
>> run
>> it, and if I do, How? (haven't had any virus with it)
>
> Updating is normal and desirable Smile You should do a manual scan every now
> and then. Scan every other week or so. Open the application, follow the
> prompts which will guide you to perform a scan.
>
>> Another question please....Do I need a Spyware running also? and I have
>> Spyware Blaster. Is that still a good program?
>> Thanks anyone much......Nel
>
> A-S applications - for non-viral malware.
> The effectiveness of an individual A-S scanners can be wide-ranging and
> oftentimes a collection of scanners is best. There isn't one software that
> cleans and immunizes you against everything. That's why you need multiple
> products to do the job i.e. overlap their coverage - one may catch what
> another may miss, (grab'em all).
>
> SuperAntispyware - Free
> http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
> and
> Ad-Aware 2007 - Free
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
> http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html
> and
> Spybot Search & Destroy - Free
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
> and
> Windows Defender - Free (build-in in Vista)
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
> WD monitors the start-registry and hooks registers/files to prevent
> spyware
> and worms to install to the OS.
> Interesting reading:
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136195/article.html
> "...Windows Defender did excel in behavior-based protection, which detects
> changes to key areas of the system without having to know anything about
> the actual threat."
>
> SpywareBlaster is not a scanner application.
> It prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser
> hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
> Blocks spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
> Restricts the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.
> Keep it and keep it updated!
 >> Stay informed about: Avast and Spyware Blaster 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
   Security Forums (Home) -> General Discussions All times are: Pacific Time (US & Canada) (change)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]