>> Stay informed about: How to avoid online Identity Theft (spywares)?
With identity theft on the rise, you need to be your own watchdog. It is very easy for criminals to get your personal data without having to break into your home. This is becoming the world´s fastest growing crime problem.
We really have to be aware of criminals.
Spyware uses your Internet connection to transmit your information to identity thieves.
While your computer is connected to the Internet, spyware quietly transmits your personal information, which can include:
* Credit card numbers
* Bank account numbers
* Social Security numbers
* Usernames and passwords
* Address books, including email addresses
Of course these thieves will use you personal and financial information for illicit or illegal activities. For example; The villain who placed spyware on your computer receives your information and can now:
* Steal money and open credit card and bank accounts in your name
* Sell it to other parties who will use it for illicit or illegal purposes
This is a very serious problem and people have to avoid it; and Imagine in the near future everything will be online.
Here are some tips to avoid online Identity theft:
First of all you have to continually check the accuracy of your personal accounts and deal with any discrepancies immediately also..
* Avoid questionable Web sites
* Practice safe email protocol:
* Don't open messages from unknown senders
* Immediately delete messages you suspect to be spam
* Use public computers with extreme caution
Another important step in avoiding online identity theft is making sure that you have the best security software products installed on your PC:
* Use antivirus protection and a firewall
* Get antispyware software protection
OK! Good Luck and be Safe!
http://www.zenok.com/free-antivirus/ (ZenOK )